Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





21 August 2008

ANOTHER Update From Erik!!!!

I LOVED that video! I really miss you guys a lot! I'm having fun, but I can't wait to come home and hold you both!

Did I already tell you that there are a ton of G500's over here and there's even a 2-door version for me. :) I still really want a Hummer, though. I also wanted to tell you that you'd be proud of me for walking around in bare feet while we were swimming in a freezing cold river with NO sand - only rocks. My feet hurt after that!

I just wanted to say hi since we won't have internet for the next 4-5 days and maybe not until we get home. Our 'guide' uses Skype to talk to his mother in Chicago, and no one seems to know how to call the States. They just say that their relatives call them, they don't ever initiate the call. I'll see what I can find out.

I hope Barkley!'s being a good boy! We were just planning on me getting the car and driving home next Thursday, right? Do you want to go on a trip that weekend or just stay around home? I think it would be fun to go on a little trip, maybe.

Thank you SOOOO much for the video!! I love you so much, and I LOVED how Maida did the "I love you." See you in a little more than a week!

Erik

Oh, if you have those Sprint phone cards, you can call me! What a good idea. I don't know exactly what you need to dial, but here's a website that might help: http://www.howtocallabroad.com/mongolia/. Just Google the area code or whatever if you need it, but you could try different combinations. We are 13 hours ahead of you, so morning would be the best. LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin