Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





12 August 2008

Dear Erik,

Wow, I can't believe that it's been two days since you've left. I know that you have been traveling for most of the time and I rejoiced this morning when I heard from you - knowing for sure, then, that you were safe and sound. Maida and I made it back from the cities yesterday afternoon about 3:00. The trip home was fine. She slept until St. Cloud, then sang her "Bible song" most of the rest of the way home, in between eating gummy bears (the only thing I had in the car to eat!).

She took great care of me when I was sick, honestly, she was the best baby (for even being sick herself). I was able to sleep almost all day on Sunday, while she played and slept off-and-on, then on Monday morning I felt so much better. I cooked mac'n'cheese and oatmeal for us in the coffee pot in the hotel room because I was too scared to leave by ourselves in the big city! I guess it's been a while since we've lived there and the police were always showing up at the hotel, in which I figured I wasn't in too safe of an area if they were always needing to be called... either that or I was very safe since they were around all the time... either way, there are two things happened at the hotel worth writing you about.
One: Maida pooped her pants (DIARRHEA!) and it leaked all over the place, through the sheets at the hotel room and through the mattress pad and onto the mattress. Woops! Sorry Super 8!
Two: After she pooped a poop that bad, her and I both needed baths because we were covered in poop. So after taking a shower and then letting her play in the bath for a while, she slipped and hit her face on the side of the bathtub. And you know when she does something like that, it hurts for a minute, but then she thinks it's funny and tries to keep doing it and doing it (like hitting her head on the wall), well, she kept hitting her face on the side of the tub and pretty soon she had a terrible bloody lip! I couldn't get it to stop bleeding! And she just thought that was even funnier. What are we going to do with her?!!

I miss you a lot. More than I ever have. I think it must be the pregnancy hormones or something. I feel homesick, in a way, so I thought that maybe if I went back to Duluth, I'd feel better. But then I run the risk of getting depressed because I'm all alone. I'm not sure what to do. I hate being away from you! It's so hard. It's hard to be a single mom, a single adult - I'm so dependant on you, aren't I? I really hope these next couple weeks go by fast. Please call or write whenever you can. I will post pictures and videos randomly throughout the next couple weeks so that they are always available for you to look at while overseas. I will also continue to write to you here, keeping you and everyone else informed on our life right now.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Your Princess,
Kara :)
p.s. Maida saw a picture of you today and I asked her where you were. She said, "bye-bye". Then I asked her if she loved you and she signed, "I" "love" and then pointed at your picture and said, "Dat". So cute and so memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin