Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





13 August 2008

Dear Erik,

This week going by so slowly. I keep telling myself that this will be one of those times that I'll be able to look back on, and it will seem like it flew by. But the way it's going, I'm not sure if that'll be so true. Last night I laid in bed and watched the clock go around and around. I kept thinking, "I wonder what Erik is doing right now," or, "Wow, it's 3:00 in the afternoon over in China right now..." my thoughts kept going and going - I didn't sleep much.

Today my mom and I went through all the garage sale stuff. I priced all of our junk, but we aren't going to have the garage sale until later on in the fall. Aunt Carol is going to put some stuff into it too. We worked all day cleaning out the garage (Maida nearly took a four hour nap!) and I finally talked my mom into throwing out some stuff. It was a good feeling to see her throw stuff, like old high school papers of Tony's (junk).

Maida did a somersault last night! Yes, a complete somersault. I haven't got a video of it yet, because we've been so busy. Tonight we went to church and Maida didn't want to leave Bible class. I had to take her out kicking and screaming! I'm glad that she likes Bible class so much. Her teacher asked her to help clean up the legos at the end of class and Maida stood way back, throwing the legos at the bucket, trying to make them in. If she missed (and she missed every one!), she'd breathe out heavily and then stomp over, pick up the lego, and lay it in the bucket. So funny! Tonight after church Maida and I were sitting at the end of the dock with my mom and Maida was looking for "jish" in the river. My mom pointed out the moon to Maida, which was so full and beautiful. Maida said, "MOO! MOO!" and then pointed in the water to the moon's reflection. She is so smart. I asked her if there were two moons and she said yes, while pointing to the one in the sky, then the one in the river. Cute memory.

I haven't moved back home yet because tomorrow I'm going to help my mom freeze some corn off the cob. I figured that would be a good thing for me to help with. I plan to go back, though, sometime on Friday or Saturday. I just feel so homesick without you here and feel like if I get back home, at least I can get the place organized and do something with my time. There really isn't anything for me to do here now that all the family is gone.

Call or write when you can. I know that hearing from you would maybe ease my worries a little bit. Just to know that you're safe and having fun would be nice. I am so thankful that you are having this experience, though, and I love you a lot.


~ Kara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin