Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





16 August 2008

Erik! I'm home! I made it! When I woke up yesterday morning early enough to shower and pack before Maida woke up, I knew it was my day to leave. We got home in the afternoon and ever since I've been cleaning like a maniac. Well, we did sleep for 12 hours last night! And took some time off to go shopping... I spent a little money at Target... but aaaaaaanyway, I'm getting the place back into tip-top shape for when you get home.

I'm feeling much happier about things now that I'm home. I LOVE THIS PLACE! It's so nice! Barkley! also remembered his backyard and has been having fun basking in the sun on the deck (I can't get hi to come inside!). Maida was so excited to see her old toys when we got home, she started jumping up and down and saying "oooo, oooo, oooo"! She didn't know what to play with fist. She won't sleep in her own bed, though. Last night she kept falling asleep in my arms, I'd go to lay her down and then she'd wake up, cry, and point to mommy's bed... a stage, right? I'm sure it's just a stage....


Tomorrow we will go to church for the first time and see all of our old friends again. I bet I'll be surprised at how big baby Heath and baby Christian are getting! This next week we plan to have a playdate with Cameron and Bergen, meet up with Megan, Justine and her new baby, and tomorrow I'm going to babysit Avery for Andrea and Ryan. It's nice just to jump right back into things with friends. I love it here... the only thing missing is you. COME HOME SOON!



I love you, my baybers!

~ Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin