Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





19 August 2008

Dear Erik,
After sitting around and being depressed for two days, I decided that I would get off my lazy butt and find something to do. So I have been doing things lately that I never thought I'd do!!!

* I am reading a horror book. "The Shining" by Stephen King. I can't believe I'm doing this, especially since I'm home alone!!!

* I made two baby blankets! Matching monkey blankets. A pink one for Maida and a yellow one for the new baby. I took Maida to the material store and she picked out the material. She wanted a monkey blanket like Natalie's!

* I also bought some material on the clearance rack to make a red table runner to match our red curtains. (It doesn't look like it matches in the picture, but trust me, it's the very same color! And it's gonna look gooooood!)

* I got addicted to a TV show that doesn't air on TLC or HGTV! And I'm ashamed to admit that I'm totally into Tori & Dean. Dean reminds me soooo much of you - the way he treats Tori, the jokes he cracks, and just his overall personality. And, Tori reminds me (in small ways) of me, especially while she's pregnant! They've had Tori & Dean on all day on the Oxygen channel and since I woke up with a migraine, this is the perfect lay-on-the-couch-day show to watch.

* I got a jump start on the baby book! I guess this isn't that different for me, but I did print really neat on the lines, and that's abnormal!

* I started drinking kool-aid. I usually can't stand the stuff because I feel like it's all sugar and water. But, lately that's been my staple. Don't worry, at least I'm getting some water!

I still miss you! We're half-way through your trip, so 9 more days to go. I love you and I hope that you're being safe and having fun.

~ Kara :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Hi, Kara! I just got caught up on your blog. I have to tell you I drank TONS of kool-aid when I was pregnant with Zoey! It is so funny that you have been afflicted with this too!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin