Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





10 October 2009

It's here!!!!!

I could hardly sleep last night because I kept thinking about the snow that was supposed to come. I imagined that it would be a light dusting and be gone before we woke up, but I had dreams that it'd be at least and inch and stick around for a while (at least long enough for me to introduce Skogen to it). I woke up at 8:00, looked out the window, and when I saw that everything was white, I just had to wake the kids up. We bundled them up and I took them out. It was wonderful.
The best part about it is we're expecting more in the next couple days!

I couldn't find Maida's snow boots (because all of our winter stuff is still packed) so she had to wear her cowgirl boots outside.

Don't worry, Erik really does have shorts on! He looks naked sitting behind Skogen!

They were both unsure of the snow at first. Maida was a big talker ("I'm gonna go in the snow!!!") when we were inside, but when we got out there she wouldn't go in it at all ("It looks too slippery. I not go in the snow now.")

We didn't stay out long because it was only 25 degrees! A bit chilly for us! However, Barkley! couldn't get enough of the snow or the cold!
I was a little surprised that Erik actually found a window scraper, but then I remembered that we keep them in our cars year round up here.
You just never know when it's going to snow - which is why we LOVE Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin