Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





21 October 2009

Someone's been sewing up a storm!

An old family friend gave me her sewing machine.
I picked out some material for Skogen's room,
made up a pattern for curtains,
and went to town on them.
Besides making the curtains, a pillow for my rocker, and a baby blanket to hang on the side of the crib, I also made a sling for Maida's baby with the leftover material!

My mother-in-law and Mema will be very proud of my new sewing abilities! :)


3 comments:

  1. That is too hilarious! I just wrote to you that I just took up sewing and then come to your blog and see you have done the same thing! Do you know how or are you just learning as you go? Did the sling for Maida have a strap and stuff? I am going to make one for each of my girls too. I have to find fabric. Do you know if a cheap place to get fabric and fleece ect...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I am just learning as I go. It is really easy, actually! It only took me an hour to make curtains, a pillow, a blanket, and a sling! The hardest part is learning your machine. It's fun, though. What are you going to make for Christmas presents? The sling I made for Maida is just like my Hot Slings (http://www.hotslings.com/). She likes to wear her baby in it when I wear Skogen in mine. It's cute! You'll have to post pictures of the things you make!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and as far as a cheap material store - I have NO idea. I used to get all of my material from Walmart, but they stopped carrying material at most stores now. Bummer! If you find a good place for material, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin