Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





22 October 2009

We've got teeth!


Not one, but TWO TEETH!

Skogen got his first tooth last week. He got his front bottom right tooth.
Then last night at church Maida said, "Mommy, I can't figure out what this is in my mouth." I looked where she was pointing and sure enough one of her molars was poking through!
Both of the kids went to bed with Tylenol last night! Skogen's other bottom middle tooth is coming in and Maida's other molar is, too!

It's funny, but I never envisioned having two kids teething at the same time!
Luckily for me, neither one of them get cranky or sick while they teeth!

Maida and I were playing around with the Halloween tools at Picnik! We gave her some vampire teeth just for this post! When she saw the finished picture, she was afraid that her teeth really looked like that. She said, "Mommy, I don't want to wear these teeth anymore," while she was trying to pull on her front teeth! Ha! Funny.

Seeing her with these teeth reminded me of Dennis the Menace with Walter Mattheu when Dennis replaced his dentures with chicklet gum! HA!

It also reminded me of a little joke that Erik told me last night. The conversation went a little like this...
Kara: Erik, I have a dentist appointment on the same day as your final. How long is it going to take you because maybe you could watch the kids when you are done? I just don't remember what time the apointment is.
Erik: I do. It's at two-thirty.
Kara: What? Really? Two-thirty?
Erik: Yeah, at TOOTH-HURTY!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Kora cut 4 molars last month! She has 12 teeth now (no Incisors yet!) I love how curly Maida's hair is! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin