Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





08 October 2009

Maida Raine Cracks Me Up

This girl has really been cracking me up lately. I only wish that I could remember to write down half of the things she says to me.
Here are a few of my favorites that I actually remembered to write down from this last week...

*"Is that a potato [tornado] siren?"*

*"Mommy! I have a reeeeeeeeal grandma and it's your mom!"*

*"Your lucky, Mommy, cause you can go poop and potty. Ac'lly [actually] I lucky, too."*

*"Mom, I have kestyon for you. What do snails eat? Oh, I know, they live in the grass and prolly eat things in the grass, too."*

*"Mommy, turn around. When you spanked me after I pushed Skogen, that really hurt my feelings."*

*"Are you for real?"*

*"Oh my gracious!"*

*[Maida was naming the characters that the kids in her Bible school class played in a Bible story that they acted out.] "I was Jesus. Jake was John. And Cale was Peterson." [Ha! "Peterson," like Adrian Peterson, instead of Peter - she's confusing her Bible stories with the MN Vikings!]*

Today before we went shopping, we took a few pictures of us...

Maida was yelling, "cheeeeeeeeese," and Skogen was loving that, so neither of them were looking at the camera.

We took a few silly pictures just to make life more interesting...

Jay Leno chin picture:
Yelling "Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese" as loud as we could picture:
Sticking our tongue out picture:
"Oh my goodness, did you just see that?" picture:
Our sleepy-time picture:
Mommy: Maida, let's take one more picture. What face should we do?
Maida: a sunglasses face picture.
Mommy: What does that look like?
Maida: Like this (pictured below)
I seriously LOVE this girl. I am so thankful that I get to stay home with these stinkers. I would just die if someone else got to have all this fun with them while I was stuck at work.
I've been blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are raising her to be an Adrian Peterson fan!!! BOOMER SOONER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That's right! He was a sooner!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin