Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





22 February 2009

Baby Shower for Skogen

The women from church had a baby shower for me today!!! I have been feeling bad for weeks about this shower because, (1) I already have a lot of baby stuff from when Maida was a baby, and (2) I didn't think that you had baby showers for second babies. Well, the ladies from church all informed me that they give baby showers for third and fourth babies too, and they love to have a reason to get together and celebrate! Well, the shower turned out being a TON of fun and I am so thankful for all the gifts that we got. My camera died before I could even take one picture of the shower, so I'm getting copies of the host's pictures, however I took pictures of all of the gifts for the baby book after I got home and I thought that I'd post them! I will post pictures from the shower whenever I get them... wait until you see the cake that Julie E made - WOW! We are so blessed to be apart of a loving and giving church family.


All of the outfits that Skogen got!
The toys and books for Skogen.

A lot of the ladies from church are talented. There were quite a few gifts that were homemade by them and even some homemade cards! I felt so special when I thought about all the time that was put into working on gifts for Skogen.
The homemade cards.
A quilt from Judy G. I will always think of Lake Superior when we use this quilt because of the boat!
Homemade blanket from the Julie P with a matching burp cloth
Homemade burp clothes (Judy S), two different blankets (Julie E), and some bibs (Judy S).
Homemade CD of "gentle melodies" from Kathy and Skogen's name made by Beth.
Julie P also made Maida some pillow cases for her big girl bed. I think they are just so cute!
Thank you to everyone who came and who gave gifts: Nikki, Christian, Piper, Eileen, Eva, Shirley, Ruth, Acadia, Natalie, Brea, Melissa, Judy S, Julie E, Margaret, Pat, Julie P, Heidi, Marilyn, Judy G, Kathy, Crimsen, Beth, Desi, and Gayle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin