Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





17 February 2009

Valentines Day Weekend

We spent Valentines Day and Valentines Day weekend at Bumpa and Grandma's house. We got to PR just in time to catch dinner with Grandma, Bumpa, Jay, Nancy, and kids. After dinner we attended a showing of "Fireproof" at the church. There was free daycare and free popcorn, so it was just perfect for a Valentines date for Erik and me. The movie was great. I highly recommend the movie to anyone who is married. It really helped Erik and I reflect on our relationship and how we treat each other. The church gave everyone who attended two free copies of "The Love Dare," a book that was highlighted in the movie. Erik and I are very excited to get started on little devotionals every night with our new books!
The rest of the weekend was very laid back. Erik gave me a new computer for Valentines Day, so most of my weekend was spent updating all of our pictures online and catching up on all the emails and blogs that I've been behind on. Erik spent three days at the clinic in town for his preceptor and while he was there on Monday, my mom and dad paid for me to get a massage! I got a full back, arm, neck, and hand massage to see if it would help with the carpal tunnel. It didn't help the carpal tunnel in just one massage, but it did help to get all the knots and kinks out of my back and shoulders that I've been carrying around with me since pregnancy. The massage was a great Valentines present! It was also very nice to get away from the kids for an hour!
Maida got her first haircut on Tuesday! She was very wiggly. It was a good thing that we just trimmed the bottom because making her sit any longer would have been too hard. She's on the go constantly! Skogen enjoyed being spoiled by his Grandma and Bumpa. He was great in the car on the way over and even slept well while we were there, sleeping five hours straight last night!

1 comment:

  1. Kara- I have enjoyed your blog. I hadnt taken time to look at it before. You have quite a cute family going! I hope everyone is happy and healthy!
    -Jeannine

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin