Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





05 February 2009

The Missing Pacifier

Maida would never take a pacifier, which made life really difficult at times. Since finding out I was pregnant with the second baby, I was determined to make this baby into a pacifier baby. Well, shortly after welcoming Skogen into the world, I was introduced to his feeding schedule, which was every one to two hours, and feeling like all I ever did was have a baby hang from my chest, I decided to ignore the "expert's" advice and give Skogen a pacifier right in the hospital. Well, so far, so good. The pacifier has not caused any latching-on problems or anything like that. He takes his pacifier at nap and bed time and is able to fall asleep on his own. Perfect! Well, this morning something really funny happened and I thought that I should post...
Skogen woke up to eat and as I was lifting him out of his crib, I was searching for the pacifier. I couldn't find it anywhere and was sure that he went to sleep with it. After feeding Skogen on one side, I really was in need of the pacifier, but still couldn't find it anywhere. It wasn't until I switched to feeding him on the other side that I found it. It was stuck under his third chin roll!!! No kidding! He's so fat that he can hide a pacifier under his third chin. Wow. I'll have to start checking there more often - who know's what could be hiding under there!

My sister wants to see some pictures of Skogen's eyes open, so here are some that we've taken this past week...


Reading a new book from Aunt Ranee and Uncle Hugh

Watching mom cook

Watching the Super Bowl with Daddy

Kisses from Big Sister

3 comments:

  1. that's so funny, kara! so even if maida was a paci-thief (which I know caitlin will be) he'd have a perfect hiding spot!

    (love the pics, btw, keep em coming!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the pictures of Maida and Skogen together! Looks like she is being a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We gave a Cooper a pacifier in the first few days also. I felt the same way like I was "going against the experts." But he has no trouble eating either. Glad to hear you have a similar experience since our babies are so close in age!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin