Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





03 August 2009



Having a sibling.



This is something I never really got to experience.
Both of my brothers and my sister were 18, 21, and 22 years older than I was, so watching my kids experience life together is so exciting for me.
I love the connection they have already, and the fun and laughter between them. I find myself, a lot of the time, just sitting back and watching them interact.

Here's a very looooooooong video clip of the kids in the bath the other night (and it's not really that interesting, just to warn you!). This was one of my favorite times with the kids. I hope that our family will always stay this happy and full of laughter.


By the way, you might have heard, "fight and boom-boom, heh heh heh heh," on the video... does anyone know what that means or if it's from a certain book or movie? Maida picked it up somewhere and we can't figure out what it means. Sometimes she says, "white and boom-boom," instead.
Also, we are in the process of remodeling our bathroom, hence the ugly bathsurround and dirty bathroom. :)

2 comments:

  1. it is the cutest thing ever how thrilled skogen is of maida and her antics the whole time! and he "talks" (/squaks/squeals) in EXACTLY the same "language" as connor right now...too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kiddos are SO sweet!! And, if they're anything like I remember their daddy being, their personalities are only going to get bigger! You're so right, too- this time with them, and between them, is absolutely precious. Love reading the blog of a thankful mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin