Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





27 October 2011

Occupation Day

Yesterday, Maida's class had Occupation Day. They had to dress up like what they want to be when they grow up. The others in Maida's class want to be a construction worker, three of them want to be vets, the teacher wants to be a world traveler, two want to be teachers, and Maida wants to be a mom. :)

I tried to get her to wear an apron or a bathrobe and carry a baby in a sling with a diaper bag, but she wouldn't do it. She told me she was too embarrassed to dress up and didn't want to. It wasn't until we were frantically running out the door that she asked me to write, "MOM," on her shirt, put on a little lipstick and blush, carried a purse, and wore bobby pins in her hair (she made a big point of telling me that little girls wear bows, but moms wear bobby pins). I was proud of her for doing something! When I picked her up, she was really down. I asked her what the problem was and she said, "No one noticed that I was wearing bobby pins." Ha! I love this girl!

Last night we were playing with one of our best buds who is the same age as Skogen. I asked him and Skogen what they wanted to be when they grow up. He said, "a boy," and Skogen said, "a bumble bee!" :) Ha! LOVE them!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, too cute! When I first read "occupation" day, I thought it had something to do w/Occupy Wall St. - I was a little confused why that would be a preschool topic:)

    Can't wait to see what the kids Halloween costumes are. I'm so impressed you made them!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin