Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





29 October 2011

Welcome Kailey Ann!!!



One of my very good friends, Kristin, and her husband, Bryan, had their first baby this week!!! Kristin and I worked together while I was pregnant with Maida, so she went through my whole pregnancy and birth with me. Since first hearing she was pregnant, I knew I wanted to get up to the hospital to see her and meet the new baby, just like she had done for me.

It was a long trip up to the hospital with a screaming Klaasen (thank you to Megan for watching the other two so that I didn't have to being them!), an error in reading Google Maps and choosing a route that added 20 minutes onto my already two hour car ride, and very late night getting home, which messed up bedtimes for all of us, but it was soooooooo worth it. Erik once told me that if you are a good friend, you go above and beyond to show your friends that you care. This wasn't really going above and beyond, but while I was trying to get up to the hospital as fast as I could, with a screaming, hungry, tired toddler, all I wanted to do is turn around and go home. But, showing Kristin that I cared was way more important and I'm so thankful that I was able to be there to share in this special time with them. (I'm also thankful that Erik was able to meet me there and help take care of Klaasen!)

I am so excited for Kristin and Bryan. I can't wait to watch them transform into parents and watch Kailey Ann turn into a beautiful little lady.

Here's a picture of Kristin and Bryan getting a good look at all of Maida's head trauma she suffered at birth...
And here is Bryan with Maida...
They were there to welcome Klaasen, too, but all the pictures are on the external hard drive, which hasn't been unpacked, yet!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin