Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





03 September 2008


Yesterday we had our ultrasound and they are 110% sure that it's a boy! We are so excited to have one of each! I don't think that it's quite sunk in yet, but I'm sure as we start preparing, it will. I have nothing boy-ish at all. Everything we own, babywise, is pink and purple. So if you, or anyone you know of, needs to get rid of some boy clothes, let me know!!! :)

Ultrasound pictures will be up soon! According to the ultrasound, our due date was moved a day earlier (but that doesn't really matter since it's give-or-take a day anyway, but I like to think that it means the baby will come sooner!!!). They couldn't find everything they were looking for on the ultrasound, so I will have to have another one in about eight weeks, which I guess is common. Thanks for the prayers for a healthy baby. I definitely have had a lot more fears this time around. It's nice to know that everything is okay.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm so excited for you to have one of each! You'll have a little Erik running around....are you ready for that?! Are you guys going to be able to make it to Thanksgiving? Hope so...can't wait to see you three! And I can't believe that my little girl will be 1 by then!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kara! I really thought you were having another girl :-)! Soo many of my neighbors are on girl #2 right now. I wish I had some boy stuff to lend you but I have tons and tons of girl stuff. I am really hoping we have another girl. I want to get one more use out of everything. I also like the thought of me and my 3 girls, or Joel and his 3 daddy's girls. The 4th can then be a boy! :-) If only I could plan it huh? I am glad everything seems to be going well. Don't be too worked up about the labor. Everything will work out and in the end you will have a beautiful, healthy baby. Abby was a posterier baby. I was able to get her out but only after 9 hours of pushing and 4th degree tearing. It can be done though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:39 PM

    woohoo! how fun to finally know, hey! we found out today too so check the blog later on to hear our news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Congratulations! It'll be so much fun for you to have a boy and a girl.

    I can't believe how big Maida is getting. She is so absolutely adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! So excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Were so excited for all of you and can't wait to meet that little boy. We'll keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:59 AM

    How exciting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin