Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





16 September 2008

Prenatal Yoga

Prenatal Yoga. Something I never thought I’d do. Not only did I not understand exactly what yoga was, but I couldn’t imagine myself in tight fitting clothes, putting myself in awkward positions, with a big baby belly hanging and swinging around. However, last night I went to my first night of prenatal yoga and it was nothing like I imagined!

It was the most worthwhile two hours that I have spent doing something good for myself since getting pregnant. The first hour the instructor had all of us pregnant moms sit in a circle and talk! We had a topic of discussion, which last night was how our minds relate to what is going on to our bodies and how we feel about being pregnant, getting bigger, and all the different changes that happen during pregnancy. It was not only nice to be able to express what I was feeling, but it was helpful to hear what all the other moms were thinking and feeling. There were about 20 of us there, so there were several that I could relate to and several that I couldn’t. It was a great eye-opener for me to see how different every pregnancy is.

After a much needed bathroom break, we started the second hour of prenatal yoga, which didn’t seem like it was going to be too intense, but honestly, it was one of the hardest workouts I’ve had!!! Putting myself into those positions wasn’t the hard part, either, it was having to hold myself in those positions that was hard! I woke up so sore this morning.

Not only is this prenatal yoga going to be a good, physically, for my body, but I think that it will be a good time for me to bond with Skogen without anyone else around distracting me. One of my favorite parts was the last ten minutes, or so, when we were able to lay down in complete silence, just relaxing. I haven’t been that relaxed in years. It was so good to have that break. I felt so refreshed when I got home.

Erik had stayed with Maida while I was gone, despite the fact that he hadn't been to sleep at all the night before because he was up studying for his first test of the year, which he took yesterday too! I don't think he got too sleepy trying to keep up with her - she kept him busy! The bee sting probably helped... Maida asked Erik if they could go play outside, so Erik grabbed his hat to put on and there was bee in it! He had no idea until *BING* it stung him right on the top of the head! Poor guy! His head and neck were still sore when he woke up this morning. (... this story kind of reminded me of a story I've heard numerous times about when he was a little kid and went to put on his winter boot and there was a dead MOUSE in it!!! YUCK!... he has the worst luck!) Maida had a great time with Erik last night and wasn't even excited to see me come home! However, I did teach her some pretty sweet yoga poses (pictures to come!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin