Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





16 September 2008

What Can I Accomplish in 50 Years?

Last weekend my mom had her 50th class reunion!!! Can you believe that?! I'm not trying to imply that she's old... :)... only that it's a great accomplishment to make it to your 50th class reunion! Thinking about her 50th class reunion, I was thinking about myself and all the things I'd like to accomplish before my 50th class reunion. It's funny how even when we think about our 10 year reunions, it seems like we want to go and be able to present ourselves so different and so "accomplished" since the last time we saw our classmates. I had a really good friend tell me the other day (keeping her identity anonymous in case of embarrassment) that she's not going to her 10 year class reunion unless she's either married or has a really good job. What are some things that you would like to accomplish before your 10 year reunion? Your 50 year reunion?
This morning my mom sent me some pictures that one of her classmates took (Mary Alice Becker) at the reunion. I thought I'd post them - hope that's okay! My mom is the one in the zebra print.
Oh- and by the way, I think that my mom has accomplished A LOT in 50 years. This post wouldn't be able to hold everything she's done since graduating high school. She's always been a hard worker and has accomplished everything from owning her own business (actually several businesses), to raising four kids, to designing and building two houses, to becoming a Grandma that will do anything for her grandkids. Now that she's retired, she's a professional volunteer and never says "no" to a job that needs to be done. She's always been a supportive wife, mother, and faithful Christian woman. What a great example for me to follow!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that she's the best MOTHER-IN-LAW, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin