Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





10 September 2008

My Ketchup Girl

I was sitting in the living room, and noticed that Maida was being particularly quiet in the kitchen. I quietly tiptoed out there to see what she was up to and I wish that I would have had my camera charged up! But what I found was the refrigerator door open and several things hanging out and on the floor. Then I heard something from behind the open refrigerator door and there stood Maida with a bottle of ketchup. Not only was she holding it, but she had figured out how to open the lid and she was drinking it!!! She loves ketchup and I guess that when I won't let her have it on her yogurt for lunch, she makes plans of sneaking it as a snack later.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:54 PM

    That is hilarious! I can't believe you don't let her eat ketchup on everything:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I do my best to teach her what foods ketchup is best on, but, let me tell you, there are days when it's just not worth the battle... YUCK, I know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a familiar sounding story! Thursday Kade and I were in the kitchen, and I was unloading the dishwasher. He was playing around opening and closing the refrigerator door. He usually just opens and closes it and has never bothered any of the food. But to my surprise while I had my back turned to him I started hearing something just pouring out all over the floor. I turned around and he had gotten the bottle of vanilla, taken the lid off, and was just watching it all pour out into the floor! The bottle was almost full, and now it's almost empty. Things our kids do!! At least he didn't try to drink that. He would have been surprised at how bad vanilla tastes!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin