Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





08 January 2010

9-1-1-G-R-A-N-D-M-A

I went ahead and called 9-1-1-G-R-A-N-D-M-A last night.  I am so far behind on everything and I just can't get it together.  I don't know whether it's because I got backed up on everything when we were sick before we went to CO, because I've been dealing with a great deal of nausea (thanks to baby #3), because our bathroom remodel STILL isn't done and our bathroom stuff is spread out all over the house, or because I started "working" this week and didn't get everything accomplished before I took on too much.  Which ever the case, I'm hoping that my mom can help me straighten things out this weekend.  I know my husband would appreciate some clean underwear to wear to work and I also know he'd appreciate it if he didn't have to wear dirty dress pants to work, too.  Poor Erik has been leaving the house every morning at 6:00 and hasn't been getting home until 10:30 every night.  Then he has studying to do.  On average he gets three to four hours of sleep a night.  On top of his busy work schedule, he has to go to drill this weekend.  I don't know how he does it.  The least I could do is give the guy some clean clothes!  Luckily 9-1-1-G-R-A-N-D-M-A has great response time and she'll be here on Saturday!




Lately I've been really surprised at some of the things Skogen is doing.  I decided to document some of the cutest ones...
*  Yesterday Skogen spent some time in the bathroom squirting water out of his bath toys and onto the floor.  After he did this for a few minutes, he noticed there was some water on the floor.  Instead of swishing it all over the bathroom, like he'd normally do, he turned around, reached a towel on the vanity, brought it over to the water on the floor, and started wiping it up.
*  Skogen likes to touch my camera lens.  It's a really big pain to clean, so I usually try to not let him have the camera.  This morning when I wasn't looking he got the camera.  Before I knew it, he brought the camera up to his face and said, "EEEEEE."  He kept pointing the camera at things and saying cheese!  Then I showed him how we can take a self portrait and say, "cheese," together when we take it.  So that's all he wanted to do all morning.
*  He just started listening to and following simple commands like, "Skogen, go get your juice cup under the coffee table and mommy will give you more juice," or, "Let's change your diaper.  Can you go get mommy a diaper?"   It's so fun to see the transition between baby and toddler!

Speaking of Skogen, did you guys know that he's turning ONE next week?!!  Holy cow.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you're finding enjoyment in all the craziness!

    I think I might be able to one-up you on the baby-touching-camera-lens thing. My cat, Ross, loves to rub his nose on my glasses lens. OK, well maybe it's a tie.

    Take care! --Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie! You crack me up! Thank you for reading the blog and thank you for making comments - and most of all, thank you for making me laugh!! I love reading the comments (and I never get very many of them). I'm sorry about your cat rubbing his nose on your glasses! That's tough to clean! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin