Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





11 January 2010

Baby Talk

Today I had my first prenatal doctor visit.  I've been in twice before, but just saw the nurse practitioner both times.  So, today I actually met the lady who I've picked to be apart of my perfect birth team.  She was great - funny, nice, caring, cool, intelligent, together, easy-going, and smiley, but I'm hesitant.  I'm hesitant to commit to her just yet.  There are so many options in childbirth, and I really want to have a doctor that wants exactly what I want in my birth.  So, we'll see what happens and where we decide to go from here.
(I have journaled more about my first doctor visit here, and I plan to keep most of our pregnancy story there, instead of putting it all over the blog, because I know that not everyone likes to read about these kind of things!)


This is a picture of a model of a baby at 12 weeks gestation.  I used this when I volunteered a few years ago to sit at county fairs and teach women about abortions.  Maida and I thought it was fun to put the baby on my tummy so that we could imagine how big our baby is right now and what he or she looks like.

I've put up a new poll on our blog!  Please go vote for if you think this baby is a boy or girl.  We will NOT be finding out the gender at our ultrasound in March, but I thought it would be fun to see what you all thought was growing in my belly!  Maida was convinced that we were having twins - a boy and a girl, just like Dora's mommy!  We've finally got her to understand that there is only one baby in there (ultrasound confirmed!) and so now she's super sure that it is a girl.

2 comments:

  1. wow, thank you for posting the little 12 week old baby. It was so exciting to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've followed you since Babycrowd days with Maida, and wanted to stop by and wish you a big congratulations on Baby #3!
    Hope all is going well, and that everything continues to go as such.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin