Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





28 January 2010

I had to share...

Last night Erik was at work until late again, so I decided to sleep with Maida. While we were falling asleep, she reached through the covers and found my arm. While rubbing it, she said, "Mommy, you are such a good mommy for us." It melted my heart. I don't think that I've ever loved a little girl so much in my whole life.

Today Maida said, "Mommy, Karlie has a girl baby in her tummy and I know this because Brandon and Karlie told me that. Can we have a girl baby in your tummy, too?" I took this opportunity to again try to get her used to the idea that it might be a boy and that we just have to wait and see what God gives us. She then said, "Well, maybe you should just ask Brandon and Karlie how they got a girl baby in Karlie's tummy, then, and maybe that will help."

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I was wondering the outcome of the gender reveal party.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin