Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





27 January 2010

Bellies to Babies

Check out my cute pregnant sister-in-law!

She's looking pregnant, now, and I think that she's so adorable.
Brandon sent me this picture this morning.  It was taken at their gender reveal party last night.
Very soon she'll be in all maternity clothes!


Speaking of maternity clothes, I discovered the CUTEST most PRACTICAL and AMAZING store EVER!  "Bellies to Babies," a consignment store for just maternity clothes.  I'm actually really sad that I wasn't the one to come up with the idea to open a store like this!  The kids and I made a visit yesterday and I was surprised to see that they even had a kid and dad area where the kids can play and dads can sit and read while the moms shop!  In the back, there are super cute changing rooms called, "Changing Wombs," and a nice nursing room with a rocking chair and changing table.  The whole store was painted in a chocolate brown and light pink.  I met the owner and she was so sweet and down to earth.  They have a rental service, too, where you can rent a formal maternity dress, because who wants to spend so much money on a dress that you'll just wear once!  There is a small section there, too, of newborn baby clothes.  To see their website, click here.  I'm totally planning on selling all of maternity clothes to her after this pregnancy.

Talking about maternity clothes, I may need to take them out soon, too!  My pants are getting pretty snug.  According to Baby Center, the baby is now as long as a lemon (and Karlie's baby is now as long as a banana!).  I've been taking pictures every week of me with a food comparable to the baby's size.  (I missed weeks 10 and 11 because I didn't know what a kumquat or fig was.)  I feel like weeks 12-20 are always so awkward because you don't really look pregnant, you just look chunky.  I can't wait to reach the looking pregnant stage.

4 comments:

  1. Ashley Thorson11:14 PM

    haha - i used to not know what a kumquat was, that is until I lived in Baton Rouge and I picked this fruit off a tree and asked someone walking by what it was. They told me is was a kumquat - I thought they were joking because seriously kumquat?!? Who names a fruit that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny, Ashley! Erik calls me a Kumquat sometimes, but I thought that was just a word he made up. I had to laugh when I read that Baby Center was comparing a Kumquat to the size of the baby after thinking it was a made up word! I loved your story, and at least I know that they DO exist! :) Did you eat it after you picked it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley Thorson5:48 PM

    no! I thought it was poisonous - ha! Shows how much I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting the used-maternity clothes store. I'm going to check it out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin