Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





18 January 2010

Weekend Recap

*** UPDATE:  I fixed the video!  Erik tried to help out and apparently his computer wouldn't publish this post with the video.  The video should be attached to this post, now.   Sorry!  :)

This was one of the best weekends! It all started with Grandma and Bumpa coming down to our house on Friday night and bringing cousin, Natalie, to play! Maida was so excited to see her cousin. They babysat for us on Friday night so that Erik and I could go out with good friends, Kristin and Bryan. We had dinner at Biaggi's, which was really good, and had a great time catching up with them. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!




On Saturday afternoon we had Skogen's first birthday party with a few friends and family (video below). It was so fun to make "#1" official. Skogen really enjoyed the pizza and cake and opening presents. His big sister helped him out with the unwrapping and he was very good at sharing his new toys with his friends.

After the birthday party, I was able to leave the kids with Erik and go to the hospital to visit my friend, Hannah, who just had baby Kenan. He was the same size as Skogen was when he was born. It brought back lots of memories to hold him. I love babies!


After seeing baby Kenan, I met Erik at church where we celebrated our friend, Chris's, 40th birthday. We had such good food and great fellowship!

On Sunday morning I had to go to church alone, but we surprisingly made it on time for class and church and I felt blessed by the worship. After church we enjoyed an awesome Vikings game (SKOL Vikings!) and then ventured out in the cold again to go to small group Bible study where we ate some baked potatoes and had a nice discussion and prayer time.

Today Erik and I both had off of work, so we stayed up late last night watching a movie, slept in until 9:00 this morning (well, E slept in until 10:30!), and have been on our computers ever since! It's nice to just sit together on the couch and enjoy watching the kids play while we get some work done. It has actually taken me all day to put together a video of Skogen's first birthday. It isn't even that great of a video. I'm not really sure why it has taken me so long! Hopefully you enjoy it...
(You may want to fast forward through the cake eating. I left it pretty long so that the grandparents and great-grandparents could see it!)





3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:59 PM

    no video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! That's what I get for trying to help out. :) I edited a single word and I must have not pubished it correctly afterward. I'll have Kara fix it. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh... I made the blog!!! :-) Thanks so much for coming to see us! I am so glad you did.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin