Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





10 February 2010

Kelsey: 1 Mama: 0

Went to the YMCA to work out.
Had Erik put Kelsey in the NEW kennel.
Had Erik double check that the door was shut and LOCKED.
Came home from the YMCA.
Kelsey met us at the door.

OH MY GOODNESS.

Inspected the door of the kennel. 
Perfectly in tact.
Still locked, in fact.

OH MY GOODNESS.

Further inspection of the kennel.
Revealed her escape.
 She CHEWED herself out of the kennel.
She was only in there an HOUR.


OH MY GOODNESS.

$100 more dollars down the drain.

Kelsey: 1  Mama: 0

2 comments:

  1. OH man! I so have one of those dogs that still gets caught chewing up EVERYTHING, but I use this kennel I got from walmart.. its black and its like metal wire.. they are expensive.. but sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's the first kennel that I had for her. She actually bent the metal bars apart and got out. Can you believe that?!! However, I'm wondering maybe if there is a stronger, more durable one just like that that I could buy. I'll keep my eyes open... Thanks for suggesting it! And thanks for making me feel better - it's nice to know that I don't have the only naughty doggie around. :)

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin