Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





23 February 2010

Trip to Bumpa and Grandma's House

Yesterday I decided to jump in the car and drive to my parents' house for a few days.  The kids always love going to Bumpa and Grandma's and I thought it was time to introduce Kelsey to this side of the family.  The trip went surprisingly well... until we got 35 miles from my parents' house.  It was then, in the middle of nowhere, that Skogen threw up and threw up and threw up.  He threw up so much that I had to pull over on the side of the road and grab an extra blanket that was in the car just to soak up the puke.  Thinking that he just was car sick and wouldn't throw up again, I stripped him down to his diaper and put him back into the car seat.  Well, I was so wrong.  He threw up four more times before I could get to my parents' house and one more time in their driveway.  Poor baby!

After Skogen threw up the third time and I had started driving again, I asked Maida, "Maida, do you feel bad for Skogen?" and she replied with, "No, because I really can't do anything for him."  She was right, but wanting to teach her compassion, I said, "Well, you can still feel sorry for him because he's been throwing up and doesn't feel good."  She rolled her eyes and said, "Well then, he can stop hitting and kicking and pushing me.  Then I will feel sorry for him."  Siblings!  This is something I never experienced!

Skogen puked all night, however woke up feeling much better.  Besides some diarrhea, he's been playing like crazy.  I'm praying that neither Maida or I get it, or Bumpa or Grandma, or the cousins that are coming to see us tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin