Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





07 February 2010

Oh.  My.  Goodness.

This dog, the new dog, the sweet, innocent, cute, little puppy just broke out of his cage and chewed up my ENTIRE house while I was at church.  

How?  

I have no idea.  

The crate was still locked and in tact when I got home, only it was flipped upside down.  For the life of me, I can NOT figure out how she got out (just like I can't figure out how she got out of our back yard the other day and ran nearly a mile away, all within five minutes of being let out, either!).

She makes me so mad.  She makes me not want a puppy, especially when destroying my house means taking every dirty yucky stinky diaper out of the garbage and smearing poop all over my carpet, my WHITE carpet.  Ugh.  Having a puppy is not much fun.  It's rather stressful, actually!  However, I'm determined to not let this puppy win.  I WILL get through the puppy stage and she WILL be the best behaved dog around.  

The first step in my game plan will be returning this crate for a full-fledged dog kennel, with sides (none of this crate stuff).  I may even purchase a padlock.  Maybe even two of them.  I can not have a dog-chewed, poop-smeared house any longer.  


Dear Kelsey, 
We're on, girl friend.  
Oh, and by the way, I WILL win.  You might as well give up now.
Love, 
your new mommy

4 comments:

  1. I can feel your pain... COMPLETELY!

    Dans dog hs been breaking out of his crate too- I zip tied it all over to ensure it can no longer be escaped from. This is what he diod whenm he was out:
    Pooped on my floor - TWICE
    peed on my couch
    ate cat poo from the litter box
    Peed on my vaacuum cleaner
    ate a whole box of cat food
    shred a photo album
    tore up important papers on desk
    chewed up Koras toys
    broke 2 baby gates (jumping them)
    and dumped the whole doggie water jug out on my carpet- I was gone 1 hour!

    He is a BAD BAD BAD dog! I put him in a kennel in our garage when we leave the house now- there isnt mush he can destroy in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can go back and get Odie. He needs a good home and he's so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one brave woman to take on another dog (a puppy, at that!) while being pregnant and having 2 small ones!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin