Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





15 January 2009

He's officially here!!!

At 3:47 yesterday afternoon, Skogen Roux joined our family! He's absolutely perfect! He weighed 9 pounds 5.6 ounces at birth and was 20.0 inches long. I have no idea how a baby that big fit inside me! I will tell the whole birth story later, but for now I'll leave you with some pictures (not for those with weak stomachs!)...
















16 comments:

  1. Congrats guys!! I am absolutely floored at the miracle that life is! Amazing! I'll pray for you to heal fast Kara--I think you're going to have your hands full . . . 2.5 kids! Sorry Erik, you kind of count as one!

    God Bless!
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 AM

    Congratulations! I got up this morning and your blog was the first thing I checked, I'm so excited for you guys. I love the pictures of him and Maida together:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so handsome!!! Congratulations!!
    amy and fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Congratulations! Maida looks like a natural at being a big sister. What cute pictures you posted! Congrats again and welcome Skogen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Congrats guys. He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kara- He is so cute! It makes me want another one so bad. I want to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister called the weight! She saw your last preggo picture, and although I told her the baby's measured weight 5 days ago was 8lbs, 3oz...she said "No way...I'll be surprised if that baby doesn't weigh 10lbs. You just watch!" And she was a lot closer than the doctor was! Her son was over 10lbs, and my sister weighed what you did pre-pregnancy...so don't feel alone! :)

    You still going to have time to blog with 2 little ones now???

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's precious and he totally looks all boy! I love this darling chubby face. I just want to kiss it!! Congratulations! We are super excited for you and thankful that everything went so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YYYYEAAAHHH!!!! I wish we could have been up there for this but we will get see him soon hopefully!!!! Congrats and call Karlie and I when you get a chance!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! He is just precious and we can't wait to meet him. We're so glad that he is here and healthy. Love you guys!

    Michael, Katie, and Macy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:31 AM

    I'm so happy, excited, thrilled for you!! It is such an exciting time when a baby is born! You all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Congratulations Erik and Kara!!! Amazing photos and he's absolutely beautiful. Makes me even more impatient and can't wait for the arrival of our little baby boy...
    Love from Denmark,
    Trine (Aberdeen 2003)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey guys! congrats!! he's just adorable. phew, you're finally at the end of the whole "how to deliver?" issue, yippee! hope everything starts off well, looking forward to hearing how life continues on for your family of 4!!

    (ha, the "word verification" word is "proset", which means "cheers!" in German!!! cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations you four!!!! I'll eagerly anticipate the "birth story" as I am one of those strange people who love to hear all the gory details. :) Nice work Kara and Erik!

    -Matt and Kristi Florek

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats dude! You've got a handsome, healthy baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats you guys! So happy that he's here safe & healthy. Hope you are doing good too Kara! Kiss your babies for us.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin