Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





29 January 2009

Skogen's 2 Week Check Up

We just got back from our second week check up and I thought that I should update. Skogen is now 21 1/2 inches long and weighs 10 pounds and 4 ounces. He's a BIG boy! He's healthy, all except some clogged tear ducts in both eyes, which Maida had too when she was a baby. We will go back at two months for another check up. It will be exciting to see how big he is then!

Our doctor scheduled a nerve conduction test for me today. My hands are still really bad and she wants to get them checked out. I will have the nerve conduction next week. The nerve conduction test will determine if we should do therapy or cortisone shots or if they will do surgery. I am excited to finally get this figured out, but scared at the same time! I just wish that my hands would take care of themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:28 PM

    They might still. They did that test on me at a month after birth, showed no carpal damage. No shots, no surgery. The pain went away about 2 weeks later - just needed a little more time to get all the retained water that was pushing on the nerves to go away. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Kara- I will be praying for you! I was fortunate, mine just cleared up on thier own a few weeks after. I hope yours does too.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin