Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





27 March 2010

Honoring Grandpa Fritz

It was an honor to be a part of Grandpa Fritz's life and to celebrate such a wonderful man last weekend. Grandpa Fritz was buried at the Fort Snelling National Cemetery, a place I had seen many times, but never been to. Driving through the cemetery and looking at all of the white stones, in perfect straight lines, was moving. As we were led in and greeted by soliders waiting for us, I was touched. I didn't know if I felt good about taking pictures and videos of the service or if I should just stand and take it all in. I decided to do a little of both, so sometimes the pictures and videos aren't very clear, and I missed some amazing things (like the folding of the American flag), however I decided to put them all together in a slide show for family members and friends that weren't able to be a part of the day. I think that Grandpa Fritz would be so proud to see that he was honored in this way.

(Apparently in the video I say "three bullets," but Erik's says that they were the empty shells from the three shots that were fired... guess I really wasn't paying attention to what was said!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin