Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





01 March 2010

Typical Maida

Maida doesn't care if her hair is done (sorry, mom!), but there are three things that she typically refuses to leave the house without:
* One, the proper shoes - which usually consists of her gold sparkle shoes or her pink high heels.  If she can't wear either of these, she is devastated.  
* Two, a pretty dress - which is more than likely this pink little tutu outfit pictured above.  Today when we went on a play date to Edinborough, an indoor park with a HUGE climbing gym, she informed me that she was not going if she couldn't wear a dress, or at least her "pretty pink dancing tutu."
* Three, her baby - "Sadie Baby," goes everywhere with us.  Lately Maida has been using her sling, only as a second choice to the doll stroller, which she begs me to bring everywhere with us.

This sweet little two-year-old girl is the delight of my day.  I lover her so much - even the little things about her make me smile.  She is growing up so fast and lately I've loved the challenges that she puts on me as a mom to be a better person.  I now always have to remember that there is someone watching me and attempting to be just like me, too!  

2 comments:

  1. I believe Maida and Hadley are as much the same person as it is possible to be. Kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think that, too, whenever I read about her on your blog!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin