Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





03 March 2010

I had a bad day yesterday.

It was one of those days where everything goes wrong. From struggling to get Maida's car seat back together (after I had to remove it to wash it after she puked all over it), to not being able to find anything on a baby registry at Babies'R'Us, to the kids going crazy and throwing temper tantrums in the grocery store, and then taking a wrong turn while trying to get home - the afternoon was filled with stress.
Erik had a meeting after work last night, so I was on my own with the kids again. I really wanted to watch American Idol to relax a little bit, but after I cleaned up from dinner, everything seemed to be preventing me from watching it. Then Skogen threw a glass cup onto the hard floor and busted it everywhere. I almost lost it.
By the time Erik got home at 10:00, I was just not in a good mood. I didn't really act happy to see him or hug him and to be honest, sometimes when I have bad days, I take it out on Erik because I'm bitter about him having so many other responsibilities besides his family (as if he can do anything about that!). All I wanted to do is get in bed because I felt like if I went to bed, everything would stop going wrong.
Eventually I got to our room and went to lay down in bed and found these on my pillow:
(Dove chocolate quotes that say, "True love lasts forever," and "Life may change us, but we start and end with family.")

Erik had been eating some Dove chocolates at work and saved the wrappers for me. When he did this, he had no idea that I was having a bad day. Perfect timing for a perfect husband! He really melted my heart and helped me realize that (1) tomorrow is a new day, and (2) just because you have a bad day, doesn't mean that you can't smile and show your husband that you love him.

Thank you, Erik. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Every day can have a redeeming moment. Maybe not every bad day will, but there's always a chance.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin